On the first lesson back after half term you will be pitching your idea for a new TV drama to the rest of the class – at stake are 2 credit slips and chocolate/sweeties of your choice.
You need to be prepared to talk about the following things:
- Genre or sub-genre and why you have chosen it
- A brief story synopsis – what drives the drama?
- Who will star ideally? – 3 to 5 key roles
- Where is it set?
- Where will it be filmed? (Research where current dramas are filmed for ideas.)
- How much will it cost? (Research how much similar dramas have cost for the first season.)
- How will it attract the audience? (You need to show your knowledge of the audience theories here!)
- Which ‘channel’ is it made for and why?