To help you with your story ideas, you are going to collect and curate a digital ‘box’ of ideas (we used to do this physically with a shoe box, but now you are going to do it virtually).
1.On a blog post collect together the following things
- Two famous works of art you like.
- Two famous photographs you like.
- A local (UK) news story which interests you.
- An international news story which interests you.
- A story from your family.
- A dramatic incident from your past.
- Lyrics from your favourite song.
- A strange image.
- A strange object (picture of).
- Picture of your favourite male actor.
- Picture of your favourite female actor.
- Favourite (clean) meme or gif.
- Favourite music video.
- Trailer for your favourite film.
Once you have gathered and posted the above, write about why you have chosen each thing, and what themes you can see across them. Write about how these things might influence your story.
2. On a separate blog post, write about your initial story ideas.